About me

Hey there!

I am Kriti, a final year undergraduate student, majoring in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi. I hail from a city called Rohtak in Haryana which is also known as The Home of Gods. My role model and inspiration is Mr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, his quotes always motivate me to give my best. My interests lies towards writing, singing, dancing, reading and lots of traveling. I am currently on semester-exchange in Germany, but will be back soon with lots of information about the German ethics and culture (Something I really like to dig into!), and lots of memories from the various visited places and ofcourse chocolates :D.

 


 

On the technical side I am really into web-development and computer graphics domain and would like to pursue them further. Coming towards why I have taken this course under Dr. Suman Sigroha (Science Writing-HS358):

  • I am a blogger at Hiking and Trekking club, IIT Mandi. Since I really like blogging, I am always looking for honing my writing skills. This course will help me in achieving this particular goal.
  • I haven't taken any course under Professor Suman ma'am, but I have heard very good remarks towards her teaching. I would really like to experience it myself, since it is my last semester and I won't get any further chance.
  • In one of the classes, ma'am had mentioned that this course will help us learn how to make others (here, people from non-technical background) understand complex scientific and technical concepts in laymen (easy-to-understand) terms. Also, we will be exploring the craft of making scientific concepts, and the work of scientists, which are accessible to the public through news articles and essays. I find both of these points certainly beneficial on professional as well as personal level.
This thread will be continued with blogs on different scientific topics. Hoping to learn a lot from this course!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Explanatory Writing - George Johnson

Time Travel: Fiction or reality of the future? (1)